Thursday, November 8, 2007

Post Gabbers

Mail carriers like to talk on the phone. A lot!

Don't believe me? Just look around you and you will see--or rather hear--for yourself. I can make this statement because I've been walking dogs around the various north side neighborhoods for over two years. Our U.S. postal workers LOVE gabbing on the phone! I see them talking while they're walking and delivering. I see them talking while sitting in their mail vehicles on break. I see them all over having lengthy cell phone conversations! I wonder if they can count their phone as an expense on their taxes? Either that or they're taking second mortgages out on their homes to pay for the mintues. Seriously, it's a lot!

Now I am in no way knocking them for this behavior...I would be doing the same thing I suppose. It's just a frequent habit I see all over and it makes me wonder what they did to pass the time before cell phones?! Compose sonnets in their heads? Sing? Interact with others? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.