Monday, March 9, 2009

Peeing For Two

Every day I am presented with a new challenge as a new mommy.  Saturday's task was breastfeeding a crying newborn in the bathroom of a restaurant (standing up and in a stall no less).   Yesterday's was attempting to soothe a crying newborn while driving down the tollway for an hour.  The challenge on today's agenda was quite interesting...

I had to pee.  And I have a baby strapped to the front of my body in a wrap.  It's a huge piece of fabric that one sees crunchy granola type mommies wearing in Whole Foods.  It keeps baby calm and secure.  And it's great.  However, it's also not easy to extract him from in order to pee in private without disturbing him.  He cries and awakens if I pull him out before he's ready.  I also can't stop moving--rocking, swaying, walking-- or else he'll awaken and cry.

So I just peed with the said newborn all wrapped up on my chest/stomach.  

I also did it while swaying back and forth.  And as I write this I am swaying back and forth and then taking breaks to pace the floor.  It's a somewhat complicated routine so we all keep from crying and maintain calm.    

No comments: