Monday, April 25, 2011

Went To Vegas, Didn't Gamble Once


I went to Vegas a few weeks ago.  By myself.  No Boy, no Mr. Jarcy.  Well, that sounds depressing, now doesn't it?

But it wasn't!

I met up with a friend and we had some good girl bonding time.  Yeah!  It was my first time away from The Boy-- ever.  What I mean is EVER!  I was a little nervous.

But it was great!

That's not to say I didn't miss him (oh yeah, and that taller man I live with Mr. Jarcy), but it was nice to get away and just wander around Vegas, drink glasses of wine at 1am, drink a frozen margarita at 3pm (I swear I didn't drink that much!) and simply take in the spectacle that is known as Las Vegas.

What a dirty/crazy/rather appealing place!

The drive there just wasn't the most exciting at times.  But I was looking forward to venturing further than an hour from my home out here, which is something I had not done ever.  We're certainly not in Illinois anymore.  And while I don't think I'd want to live in Las Vegas, it was fun to go and now that I have I'm ready to go again.  In spite of it being Las Vegas.  (If you've been there I think you'll understand that statement.)

No comments: