Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wake Up....NOW. And NOW. And NOW...

Saturday...8am...do you know your neighbors are doing?

Well I do! My neighbors decided today was the most perfect of perfect days to re tar their roof. Yep. Mr. Jarcy and I don't go to bed until 2am on the weekends (well for him it's more like 3am). We work, we perform in shows, we go see shows, we read, did I mention we work? Oh yeah I did but anyone can agree I deserve a break because I am severely screwed up from lack of sleeeeep.

I've just decided my next creative venture will be to write a manual on being a good neighbor. The first chapter will be dedicated entirely to why one should NOT work on a roof at 8 am.

Did I mention their house is two story and our apartment is on the third floor? Oh yes, that is true. I woke up and peered out the window only to see 5 shirtless men blasting and hammering not 5 feet away from my bedroom. I might go all Bionic Woman on them and jump out of one of our windows to that roof.

I'm being a baby I know but my concept of weekend is clearly different from other folks. I spent last night downing beer and viewing a late evening show called "Thunderpussy." Nothing prepared me for home projects at the crack of Saturday dawn.

No comments: