Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Hope It's Not Raining Tomorrow...I Gotta Fly To Another State Far Away

Hello hello!

So I was given a light box for seasonal affective disorder. I'm not sure if I have seasonal affective disorder (SAD) but I'm loving my new indoor sun immensely! It seems to be a tricky machine--you must sit close to it for 30 to 45 minutes starting out (or at least that's what a site on the Internet prescribed). However, the thing seems to be as strong as football stadium lights and I might be cooking my eye retinas. It does feel really good though. I have an active imagination so every time I sit in front of it I'm in a different place--the south of France, Maya Riviera, Fiji. Ah, Fiji...

Once I tried a tanning bed in the winter, thinking this would help my self-diagnosed SAD condition. It did feel kind of pleasant although I am opposed to tanning beds now that I'm beyond the age of 19. Unfortunately I developed skin spots all over my hands from it...EEEEEEEEEEEEK! It was like I had aged 58 years in the span of 2 tanning bed sessions. I took that as a sign tanning beds were not the same as a seasonal affective disorder light box. And I'm afraid of cancer. I put SPF 45 on even in the winter, no lie.

I found $26 today! And a coat! Well six of the dollars and the coat were actually mine but they had been residing on a coat rack in our hallway and completely escaped my memory. I even looked over the coat several times wondering if it was indeed mine or for some reason someone else's. Of course it's mine! Is it? It looks just like a coat I've had for a long time but it appeared to be in better condition than I remembered and that threw me off. Then I just took a walk around the neighborhood and found a twenty dollar bill on the ground. Nobody was around or I'm sure I would have talked them into taking it. I'm stupid like that sometimes.

Ah Fiji...

No comments: