Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sleep Becomes Her

Soooo....I'm having some troubles with the sleep. I think we can all agree sleep is an essential part of one's existence. My essential seems to be screwed up. After not going to sleep until 2-3am most of this past week, I ended up going to bed at 1am on Sunday night. And I couldn't sleep. Then last night I was way zonked by 9:30pm and thought, hey I should just go to sleep now or else I'll get that late night second wind. Other people go to bed early, why can't I?

So I did just that. I turned off "Journeyman," "The Bachelor," "The Hills" and whatever else I was simultaneously watching (all of them really suck by the way) and I was asleep by 10pm. 10pm! I haven't done that in ages or at least not since a trans-Atlantic flight or something. I was convinced I'd be getting an awesome night of sleep. Other people can go to bed early, so can I!

Anything that could sabotage this sleep would indeed occur. Here is a short list...

  1. I woke up at midnight wide awake.
  2. Mr. Jarcy came to bed and tossed and turned a bit. This woke me up.
  3. I woke up approximately 759 other times wide awake throughout the night and for no apparent reason.
  4. My Crazy cat began growling in her sleep. Growling! She was dreaming and then even hissed which must have woken her up from this nightmare. Brother!
  5. I woke up to the smell of grilled onions and realized my entire apartment smelled like this from the meal I had made for dinner. It was quite yummy but then you don't want to wake up to that smell.
  6. Woke up with songs from a musical plastered in my head. This happened repeatedly.
  7. Crazy cat woke me up to be fed around 3:3oam.
  8. Fatty cat began opening cupboards in search of food. (Her name is Fatty for a reason so they're squirrely with this diet their on.)
  9. My neighbor below is now getting up for work. It feels like 5am.
  10. My neighbor NEXT DOOR is now getting ready for work and it's like she's doing it in my bedroom! I can hear her talking, her hair is getting dried, she's laughing....
  11. Mr. Jarcy is now up. He's doing vocal warm ups before work. Don't ask.
  12. Some woman is walking her kid outside and singing an annoying kid friendly song while also pointing out all the different Halloween decorations my neighbor has out front.
  13. Cats--Fatty and Creepy--decide it's time for me to rise again to feed them. So I give up and just get up.

Other people go to bed early. I'm not other people.

No comments: