Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Scraped My Knee On The Ocean Floor.

One more evening stroll along the beach is on the agenda.  I have been privileged enough to encounter all sorts of coastal creatures this week.  

  • Live sand dollars (they're brown and leathery feeling when alive)
  • Lizards
  • One huge and beautiful white great egret (that's a bird)
  • An equally beautiful but not as huge white ibis (that's another bird)
  • Countless gulls and pelicans
  • More lizards
  • Two nearly dead puffer fish (well one was probably more than nearly) 
  • One live clam 

Oh yeah and some star fish along the restaurant we ate at last night.  The restaurant was called Sea Critters.  Never in my life did I think I would eat at a place named Sea Critters.  It must have something going for it though because I asked to go back after we dined there last year.  I ate chicken quesadillas.  That's probably frowned upon at a place that specializes in sea meat.  I'm a rebel like that.  

No comments: