Monday, June 1, 2009

Boxer Baby

See the cute little boy posted all over this blog?  Yes, well tread lightly!  That same boy clocked me one in the eye while nursing one morning and, wow, did it hurt.  Unfortunately, I did not notice until around noon that he REALLY clobbered me.  Mr. Jarcy insisted I go to the eye dr. and for good reason.

HE SCRATCHED AND BRUISED MY EYEBALL!  

Oh man, it just got worse over the day.  It's been a bloody mess since Friday.  Today I had to go to a follow-up visit and the Dr. said it's still pretty bad.  So I have ANOTHER follow-up visit scheduled for Thursday!  

SO WORD OF ADVICE TO NEW MOMS--WATCH THOSE LITTLE FISTS UNTIL BABY IS ABLE TO GAIN CONTROL!  I'm going to wear nursing goggles from now on.

On a positive note, the bruisin' was enough straw that broke the co-sleeping camel's back.  I am not into sleeping with a flailing infant if I can help it because I like my eyes and teeth way too much.  So fortunately Baby Jarcy has been doing really, really well sleeping solo all swaddled up again (think baby straight jacket) and laying in his pack and play crib.  (Knock on wood).  

No comments: