Monday, July 6, 2009

He's Up

Oh hello.  So, I called a postpartum depression hotline tonight while scarfing down dinner.  What did you do? 

Oh brother. 

I wouldn't say I'm clinically depressed--in fact, I know I'm not-- but it helped to call a total stranger who's a licensed therapist that I don't have to pay.  And I don't know how one gets through these first months without some blue periods.  So it was helpful, I got to vent and get support, however, there was a moment during our conversation that's sticking with me.  About 3 minutes into our talk I heard a little kid's voice and she had to cut me off, call out to her husband and get the child tended to by him.  I knew from that moment she REALLY knew what I was going through.  I also knew that moment that this struggle for time to yourself is never ending.  

And now I hear The Boy has woken up yet again.  Our bedtime ritual takes hours.  HOURS.  He just doesn't want to miss a moment I guess.  

No comments: