Wednesday, September 30, 2009

But What Are You Going To Do Out There?

Folks often ask me what I'm going to do while in Los Angeles.  Mr. Jarcy and I moved here without jobs lined up so I suppose this question is valid.  My response, however, is typically "I don't know."  And I don't!  With so many changes over this past year, it's been nice getting our new home established and then being open to what the future holds.  Here are some things I'd like to do while in L.A.

  1. Cook--  I'm pretty darn good at assembling whatever Trader Joe's has to offer (mix this random sauce with this meat and serve over this rice dish followed by dessert) but I'd like to make more myself.  So far I've made pizzas, meatloaf and baby food.  Not bad I'd say!
  2. Be a mommy-- So many women don't get this opportunity and I feel really lucky that I do.  Yes, I'll need to work at some point but The Boy is dreamy and I hope I don't have to slog through a full day of something that only leaves me missing him.
  3. Finally read the "InStyle" magazine that I moved across the country-- The thing has Jennifer Garner on the front and is from 6 months ago.
  4. Relax-- I think moving to the west coast as opposed to the east will help this along.
  5. Work in a casting office-- While I wouldn't turn down an offer to be in a movie/tv show/commercial, I'm starting to think I'd rather be the one in charge of finding the talent.
  6. Eat a lot of frozen yogurt--Menchie's fro yo is down the street and to die for.
  7. Swim in my unheated pool-- Yes, I will be cold but it's a pool and calls out to me.
  8. Troll garage sales-- Never did this before but this past weekend I scored two big toys and a ton of gates for The Boy. 
  9. Encourage all friends and family to visit-- You know who you are, come on out here!
  10. It's a mystery...

No comments: