Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy's Central

For the first week of living here I didn't really feel like I was 2500 miles away from Chicago.  We have lots of friends here and I hadn't watched any local TV.  

Last night, however, I was watching the nightly news and found that the only story getting coverage was the Emmy's.  Wow, I thought, maybe a slow news night?  No, not at all.  This weekend was one of the deadliest in the area with police killing 3 individuals in 3 separate incidents.  And let's not forget the wildfires are still burning.  One news program was kind enough to run a news ticker on the bottom of the screen with the actual stories while they parked field reporters outside the Emmy's after parties.  Who knew Jon Cryer was that newsworthy?  

This morning was much of the same...lots and lots of talk about this year's fashion hits and misses.  I've always been a junkie for this sort of "news," but I guess only in moderation.   

No comments: