Monday, December 14, 2009

The Fog Is Lifting

Hello! I've been a little pre-occupied and unable to blog. I fought off this rather unpleasant breast infection (that's all I will share with you about that, don't worry) and needed to rest and get healthy. Then my in-laws came for a visit. And then on Saturday I did the unthinkable--

I traveled 2500 miles by air hauling two carry-ons, one huge infant car seat and one huge infant all by myself. That's right, LAX to ORD just me and The Boy who seriously is half my size. What can I say, I like to suffer! Of course the anxiety of conquering this feat set in minutes after purchasing my plane tickets. 4 hours on a plane with a highly active boy? Am I nutso? Well yes. But I really wanted to come home early and see my family. In today's age of flying it is impossible to do it without all these baby accessories unfortunately. One bag was filled with diapers, toys and food galore just for The Boy. Actually the other bag was filled with these necessities as well. For me? One magazine that I got to read for 30 minutes while he slept. And I did it and now never have to do it again I hope. And if I can do that then I can do all sorts of other things. I may go sign up to take the Bar exam without attending any law school whatsoever, that's how confident I now feel.

This Christmas is so different from last year. To be honest, I don't really remember last year's holiday, it's really odd and somewhat frightening. I was soooo pregnant and uncomfortable with my massive body and freezing apartment that I seem to have blocked a lot out. This, however, is a year I'm pretty sure I will never forget. The Boy's first Christmas! The Boy's first New Year's! The Boy, The Boy, The Boy! It feels good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you and the boy. Hope this green stuff clears out fast! Welcome back to the cold!

Jenny said...

Did you make it to the home land safely?