Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fair Weather Friend

Well today I am happy to be a Chicagoan. Shocking since it was just yesterday I was moping about the devastating truth that I am back from Floridian beaches. Today is the kind of day that makes living in Chi-town wonderful though! It was warm, sunny, packed with Cubs fans for the day game, etc. Usually the Cubs chaos drives me nuts but not today. Today I enjoyed it.

I even enjoyed the incessant interacting one must do while shopping at Trader Joe's. This is atypical behavior for me indeed! I tried to get a job there once and maybe I'll try again some day. I had the impression that bagging groceries and stocking shelves WITH benefits would be perfect for me. They thought otherwise. A thirty-something married woman must not be as reliable and worthy as the 19 year old girl with purple hair who skips through the aisles. Ah well.

I am now going to enjoy a glass of my cheap TJ's wine. Oh and I've also decided I want a degree in Spanish. My new fantasy job is translator and interpreter. Fun, huh? I wonder how long this will last...

No comments: