Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Crabby Pants Is Taking Your Calls

Hello!

So I had a really crappy exchange with someone working a B&B reservation line this morning. The kicker was that I didn't instigate it or at least not on purpose. In fact, I maintained a level of calm that I normally do not possess. I was proud of myself. But I still did something that was incredibly wrong-- I asked about an inn that apparently is no longer part of their group AND yet still listed on the website. He told me I was mistaken. He was wrong, it was still listed and I asked him to wait while I found it. And then the kid got so annoyed with me that he said, "You know what, we have NO reservations for you." And then he hung up!

This all happened in less than 60 seconds so I'm not sure how annoying I could have been in such a short amount of time. Apparently enough to hang up on me almost immediately. Don't you dare ask questions on an 800 number or you'll be asking for a beating! I've been paranoid all day now, as if I did something wrong when I know I didn't. I was put in charge of securing this reservation for my folks so imagine my horror when I get banned from using the service! Thankfully I emailed and someone else--a boss--has been helpful and apologized. Although I'm still afraid to ask for the desperately needed reservation. AHHHH!

I feel like we're so quick to jump down some one's throat or put one in his/her place. I'm not excluding myself, I'm guilty of it too. Imagine if we all listened to the person we were helping as opposed to bulldozing them the moment they opened their mouth. Naw, that sounds stupid. We've all been watching way too much reality TV. That's who is at fault. We all think we get time in the confessional on Real World/Top Chef/Survivor after some idiotic, self-absorbed meltdown.

Grrrrrr.....

No comments: