Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby Steps

I've been feeling kind of run down and blah the last few days. Life is good, really nothing to complain about though. Well, except that it is beyond cold outside. Like 2 below freezing. And then Mr. Jarcy took my keys to work with him today. It wasn't on purpose but aggravating nonetheless. My butt still feels like the size of Texas. Not that I've done that much to change it.

Ah, you see where I'm at? Just feeling yucky. Wishing I could be on a Mexican beach again, if it weren't for the fact that Mr. Jarcy and I should just work and not even think about an escape.

And then my attitude adjusted...
I saw a woman--a grown woman--sucking her thumb. She was full on sucking that thumb of hers. Her right thumb and her left hand was up by her face as if an imaginary blanket was up there to comfort. She was doing this infantile thing while driving her car. A Volkswagen beetle--figures.

So there you go. Just when you start feeling sorry for yourself, someone else comes along to pity more. I'll have to call my mother later tonight and thank her for getting me to stop my finger sucking at age 4. Clearly this woman wasn't so lucky.

No comments: