Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No, You Don't Hear The Zoo Lions Roaring, That's My Stomach

I'm in full on nesting mode or at least my friend Xenew thinks so.  (Xenew is the word that pops up when I try to spell her name via text message so it has now stuck.  It's like her space alien name.)  

Sunday I made baba ganoush with eggplants I bought at the Green City farmer's market.  Right now I'm making bread with zucchinis I purchased from there today.  I also purchased tons of blueberries and am pondering the idea of muffins over the weekend.  Tonight I'm going to a Cubs game rain or shine mostly because I simply must have the gooey, terribly bad for you nachos with peppers.  I'm so excited about it, you'd think I'm being awarded a million dollar check instead.  

My life really does revolve around food these days.  The days are determined by what I will eat and when, how my body will take to it, when I can cram in those high-potency prenatal vitamins post meal and what I will be eating the next day.  And while I've never really been one to deprive myself of food or limit my intake, now I most definitely cannot.  This Baby Jarcy demands food every few hours.  Folks from a mile away can hear my stomach if Baby J is not fed.  I'm afraid he/she will go after my spleen or something if not fed on time!  

No comments: