Friday, September 19, 2008

Toodles Weirdo.

Yep, we are moving.  Unexpectedly moving.  After a week of water damage cleaning, apartment hunting and money spending, we are leaving this joint for dryer land a mile away.  Our landlord has yet to even stop by and see the damages for himself which seems negligent of one's investment but what are ya gonna do?  He even suggested to us that a move would be best for a woman five months pregnant and, boy, is he correct...every pregnant woman dreams of not only battling changes with her body and entire lifestyle but also uprooting all her and her husband's belongings from a 3rd floor apartment in a week and a half.  What a treat I have been given!  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to just leave these damaged goods behind but I'm also heartbroken to leave this part of the hood, my lovely apartment and equally lovely neighbors.  Additional change was not something I was particularly rooting for.    

I did, however, begin to experience some pretty dramatic changes that have been positive...baby kicks.  Baby kicks!  BABY KICKS!  Woah, those are like getting unexpectedly goosed.  And Baby Jarcy feels like doing this whenever he or she chooses--right after a meal, while I'm meeting with a leasing agent, as I nod off to sleep, etc. 

I was also told by my doctor that gaining 8 lbs. in one month is a little overboard and will only result in a huge baby that I will need to eject at a later date.  Er, ugh, that wasn't great news.  Let's go back to baby kicks...

BABY KICKS!  BABY KICKS!  BABY K...(chant along with me, please)!   

No comments: