Friday, April 17, 2009

Perhaps A Craigslist Ad Will Produce Results?

Unbelievable.

There is a Mommy Playgroup at a local mommy/baby boutique and today I ventured out to it.  I have been wanting to attend this group for two months because being a new mommy can be somewhat isolating.  Last night Baby Jarcy and I got a bunch of sleep which is a change of pace so I could get up and get to this group.  (Why are mom and baby classes at times when this mommy can't typically attend?  Weird.)  In order to make the 10:30am time (when my kid wants to nap), I had to make some sacrifices--I didn't eat breakfast, I didn't wash my hair, I had to work with a kid who wanted to nap.  And let me tell you, I really needed to wash the hair because it hasn't been washed since Monday or Tuesday.  Before having a baby, I would NEVER do such a thing--my hair was washed at the very least every other day.  But babies change one's beauty regimen so I ventured out, grease ball head and all.

Run, run, run, get to the play group so I could meet other mommies!  

NO OTHER MOMMIES SHOWED UP.  
NONE.

Baby Jarcy and I had our own play group and then after an hour ventured home passing mommy/stroller packs of twos and threes all the way home.  It was like they had all forged bonds during the winter and now didn't need to go meet other mommy friends at the store.  I felt jipped.  GRRR....   

No comments: