Saturday, April 18, 2009

Revelations Abounding!

Holy crap I have hit the motherload!!!  (What is "motherload" exactly?  Now that I'm a mom that sounds odd...)  

I have learned some keys to getting Baby Jarcy to sleep more than 2 hours at night.  
1)  Let the kid sleep with his parents.  He immediately curls up to my chest and nods off into dreamland.  Two nights in a row now I have gotten 4-5 hours of continuous sleep as a result.  I feel amazingly refreshed as I have not gotten that kind of sleep since my second trimester pregnant (the bigger I got the more uncomfortable even laying down to do nothing became).  In fact, last night I woke up before Baby did and then was wide awake for 2+ hours.  Baby Jarcy was not.  Wow.    

2)  Let the kid sleep on his side.  The second you put him down on his back he awakens and is ready to be up for the next 39 hours.  After my 5 hours of sleep, however, I realized that he was sleeping quite soundly on his side whether I was there or not.  Hallelujah!  So now he's napping on his side.  It is glorious.   

Because of the above revelations, life now has color again.  

No comments: