Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shape Up



Alright.  So The Boy is 1.  And you know what that means, right?  It means his mother must get into shape.  Not just as in "Well, she had a baby a year ago and doesn't look too bad" shape.  No no no.  It means that she must fit into jeans a size smaller than before she got pregnant, miraculously eradicate a mid-section full of excess skin and build arm muscles rivaling Linda Hamilton's "Terminator" guns (wow, I'm really dating myself with that reference).

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "Mrs. Jarcy, those expectations are unrealistic.  You really should be thanking your lucky stars you fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans and call it a day."

NONSENSE I say!  I will accomplish the impossible, I will I will!  I'm doing Pilates 3-5 days a week, walking sporadically, cutting back to a few glasses of wine every other day and consuming only two cookies after lunch!  Tonight I went above and beyond and ate carrots for dinner!  Carrots, for goddess sake!!!

So there, it is just a matter of time when these skinny jeans won't be as ill-fitting as O.J's bloody glove (wow, could I be any older?) and I will be the MILF I always knew I could be.  Now where's that ranch dressing?  That would garnish these carrots perfectly...

No comments: