Monday, November 29, 2010

THE Rick Springfield


My friend Natasha loves Rick Springfield so almost a month ago we went to his book signing/interview at a theater in L.A.

The man on the left in the photo above is Rick Springfield.  THE Rick Springfield.  The man on the right is interviewing Rick Springfield and I don't remember who is he is exactly.  I was too consumed with camera flashes going off all around me.  No really, there was an INSANE amount of cameras flashing at a constant speed all for pics of Rick Springfield.  It was too much if you ask me.  I looked around and nobody but Natasha and I seemed to be simply sitting and listening/watching the interview.  What...you didn't think Rick Springfield was still a big name?  Well I didn't either but, lemme tell you, he is.  And not surprisingly, his fan base is mostly comprised of women in their 30's and 40's.

I can't say I was particularly star struck by Rick but that's also because he didn't fawn over my friend like I had expected him to.  Natasha is very fawnable as far as women--and loyal fans-- go.  He had TOLD her to identify herself after she had interviewed him on the phone for a magazine and said she'd be seeing him at the upcoming event.  So yeah, I wasn't impressed.  I think he's too used to being fawned over himself that the act now is a one-sided activity in his experience.

That being said, I have been enjoying "Jessie's Girl" just as much, if not more, than before.    

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I am Natasha and I approve of this message. (I had no idea you thought I was fawnable. Right back atcha!) You also didn't mention his distaste for cats and Obama's healthcare!