Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walks


The Boy, his father and I take walks.  We walk a lot actually.  And I don't mean the kind where he sits in a stroller for 45 minutes while his father and I walk, although, on occasion we do that too.  I mean the kind where Boy grabs our hands and we walk all around the neighborhood...hand in hand.  It's quite lovely and, yes, he is not even two years old yet.

I have always enjoyed walking.  My friends and I would walk for what seemed like hours in high school and college.  I love it.  And I'm so glad we can now do that with Boy.  He's not the fastest but with every month it seems we pick up the pace.  I'm already looking forward to walks when he's 10, 20, 45.  I mean, what 45 year old man doesn't enjoy a long walk with his parents!?  Sorry, Boy, you've started this walking pattern!  You established it LONG ago when nobody was allowed to simply hold you without pacing the apartment floors!

On one our walks this week we came across these rope thingies.  They were scattered about underneath what looked like a grapefruit tree.  I am so unschooled on plants in general.  I can barely identify a rosebush let alone plants, bushes and trees.  Either way, Boy and I thoroughly enjoy exploring the outdoors on our walks.

No comments: