Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Buried

My loved ones back in Chicago are digging themselves out of the Great Blizzard of 2011.  I am nowhere near Chicago but digging in similar fashion.

I seem to have become buried under my belongings.  And thoughts.  And addiction to buying my child everything I see.

I could give explanation to the above statement but let's give a shorthand version--
Mr. Jarcy went away for a long time for work back in January and it has been very difficult for me to get back into the writing swing. I'm battling thoughts like, "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!  WHY AM I SPENDING SO MUCH TIME WRITING THIS NOVEL WHEN I WILL THEN HAVE TO WORK MY ASS OFF TO GET IT PUBLISHED AND EVEN THEN PROBABLY ONLY GET $10,000 FOR ALL MY HARD WORK!!!???!?!?!"

You know, I should probably just stop with the explanation right there.

You may have noticed I'm not blogging nearly as much as well.  I start to type something and then battle thoughts like, "WHY AM I SPENDING SO MUCH TIME WRITING THIS BLOG WHEN JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON THE PLANET EXPERIENCES THE SAME THINGS AT SOME POINT ALONG THE LINE AND THEY REALLY DON'T NEED MY PLAY BY PLAY OF THE VERY NORMAL, DAILY OCCURRENCES NOW DO THEY REALLY????!!!!?"

So, uh, yeah...that explanation probably just stands on its own as well.

Suffice it to say, the inner turmoil documented above then leads to one predominant thought which is, "YOU BETTER GET MOVING ON THIS WRITING, WOMAN, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE WASTING THIS PERFECTLY GREAT OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE LIVING OUT HERE NOW AND WHILE YOUR CHILD IS SMALL AND LIFE ISN'T ALL THAT COMPLICATED BESIDES YOU MOVED FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HOME AND FAMILY AND YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE DONE THAT JUST SO YOU COULD GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS AND MIMIC A SLUG ON YOUR IKEA SOFA NOW DO YOU??????!!!?!?!!!!!"

I better just keep shoveling.

No comments: