Thursday, February 17, 2011

Damn You, 98! (Keep Going)

"My mother fancies herself an author.   That's fine but she better keep careful watch.  I'm likely to jump out this window as one of my many daredevil tricks if she's not watching with BOTH eyes at all times."  

So I have written 98 pages to my first novel.  That's right, I said first novel.  I've got big plans because I really don't want to work in an office again unless I've exhausted all creative employement attempts first.  Here's what I can tell you--  If you find yourself getting to 50 pages or so written of a book, then you might as well keep on going until you reach somewhere around 300.  That's my well thought out plan anyway.  And, no, it's not taking in all the other steps one must pass through to become a published author.  If I thought of all that I'd never get past page 1.

I have been toiling away (er, by toiling I mean writing) this week, slowly but surely increasing my page count and yet seem to be stuck under the 100 mark.  This flirtation with 100 has to end as of tomorrow!  It must.  I can't take it.  It's time for 100 to give up his goods to me.

For some reason I had the thought that I could DOUBLE my pages by the end of the week.  This notion proves how naive and ridiculous I still am, even at the mature age of (insert old lady age here).  Hilarious.

No comments: