Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On A Quest Here

I auditioned for a commercial today with a 12 year old girl.  She was playing the part of my daughter.  I could be offended they think I look old enough to be a pre-teen's mama but there's no point in that.  The job would pay well and be tons of fun.  I did my best to look older even.  

I chatted it up with the girl--who was super cute and could pass for my child I thought--before our audition.  Here's a snippet of our conversation...

ME:  So, have you been auditioning a long time?

HER:  Yeah, since I was 2.

ME:  Wow, 10 years.  That's a long time, you must be a pro!  (The voice in my head decides not to tell her I've been at this for 2 months after a 3 year hiatus.)  

HER:  Oh, there's me on a commercial right now!  Look, Mom, one of my commercials is airing! (Girl points to flat screen above the reception that has commercials the agency has casted for on a loop.)

ME:  Just one of your bookings, huh?!  Impressive!  Well I guess I'll be riding your coattails with this audition, okay? (The voice in my head decides not to tell her I have yet to book a commercial.)

HER:  Yeah, okay.  (Girl takes me literally, ignoring my chuckle.  She's a smart one, this girl.)

ME:  Okay!  Well, we'll have fun in there.  (The voice in my head says it is NOT appropriate to ask the child for career advice.)

Oy.  


No comments: