Monday, January 11, 2010

7 Reasons

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy living in California? I do. Here are some of the reasons--

1... It's warm. It's been hovering around 75 degrees during the day ever since I returned from Chicago on New Year's Eve. It had been much cooler before I left, so much so that we had the heat on. My mother bought The Boy all kinds of sweatsuits, pants and long-sleeved shirts because I had told her how cold it had gotten. Now I'm putting him in shorts everyday. I tend to keep this information to myself when I speak to friends and family who live back in Illinois or further east. It seems cruel to mention unless asked.

2... It's sunny. There are places which may not have warmth AND sun. LA has both for the most part. YEAH! This is the first winter when I don't feel seasonally affected.

3... My apartment makes me happy. I have hummingbirds dining off a feeder hanging over our balcony, the rooms are big enough to live in and it feels cozy. It's just good.

4... I saw a guy driving a yellow convertible Mustang and wearing yellow matching sunglasses today. How fun is that?! It's fun.

5... I enjoyed a Japanese garden with The Boy and a friend yesterday afternoon that is only 10 minutes from our home. It was so peaceful and serene and cheap.

6... The other day we saw a dude from old Guns N Roses in the frozen yogurt shop down the street. I LOVE old school G 'N R so this was so thrilling. And hilarious to see this beat up rocker in a froyo joint with his kids.

7... I feel like I'm fulfilling my destiny. I'm still not sure what my career path will become but for now I am enjoying my days with The Boy, The Husband, The Friends and The LA.

These are just a snippet of the reasons why I'm enjoying L.A. There are plenty of reasons to miss Chicago (family, friends, the city in general) but I'm going to focus on the positives while we're here as much as I can.

No comments: