Saturday, January 23, 2010

Payback For The Earlier Tantrum



Do you know when little boys begin exploring "down there?"  I do, it's pretty early on.  I've noticed that any time his diaper is off his little hands are off exploring his little privates.  Bath time has now become anatomy 101 lessons.

"Yes, that's you're penis.  Careful, that looks like it hurts!  Yes, Boy, that's your penis."

He alternates looking up at me as I say "penis" and then looking back down at the penis.  Then I start feeling weird focusing so much attention on his family jewels so I continue with the lesson.

"And that's your foot!  And that's your other foot!  Oh and what's that?  That's your nose!  And you have an elbow and an ear..."

You get the point.  I continue to teach him about all the other parts that make up his body, however, I've usually lost his interest once I stop talking about the penis.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Car...that is SO hilarious. I love everything about the picture, too...including the "Did I do that" look on the Boy's face.

Lois said...

Boys love it, and it will never stop! After all, grown men still like to touch and hold it when possible... K was the same way, and now at age 3 he still has "morning wood". I'll be getting him dressed and he will announce to me that "his peepee is up". Just gotta find a comfy spot for it until it goes back down!