Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside...Sorta

"My mother thinks it's cold outside and I think I'm my best friend Cat.  We're an odd bunch."


I'm about to do something real annoying to many of you reading my blog...

I'm going to complain about the cold(ish) weather in Southern California.  

I can't believe it either!!!  Listen, a year ago I NEVER would have even considered a single complaint to come out of my mouth (Well, regarding cold weather at least.  We all know I can complain about other things with ease.).  I would see locals bundled up in puffy coats and Ugg boots when temperatures dropped to 50 degrees and think, Oh brother!  You don't know the meaning of cold, people!  Toughen up! 

Now I'm one of those people.

The temps have gone down to the high 30's at night and in the 50's during the day.  And I've been freezing!  I shouldn't even mention the night temp because rarely am I out at night.  Regardless, I have requested Ugg type boots for Christmas (although I said it was so sand wouldn't get into my shoes while at the park with Boy) and I'm on the hunt for a wool coat more suitable to fall weather.

Wow, I don't recognize this California Mrs. Jarcy one bit (especially since I have more "internal padding" than I did before leaving Chicago).

The drama of living in a barely heated Chicago apartment are but a distant memory, thank goodness.  I have a feeling I won't know what hit me when we head back to the Midwest in a few weeks.  

No comments: