Monday, December 20, 2010

Cords Uprising

Boy and Daddy playing with toys at Toddler school.  Once Santa left we could get back to fun!
(He had no interest in Santa whatsoever.  It might be genetic as I was exactly the same.)


I was just complaining about this to my friend Natasha (Natasha, stop reading now if you don't want a repeat rant)---

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CORDS???!

I can't take it.  I need a suitcase just to pack all the cords that accompany the small appliances I'm taking on my travels.  The portable DVD player, my cell phone, the camera to download to the computer, the computer, the white noise machine I can't live without...there's something else and I can't remember right now.

Now technically I don't need the camera/computer cord THAT badly but why not toss it into the mix if half a dozen others MUST tag along?

My friend was impressed that I loaned her a portable dvd player that was all packed up in it's box and included all necessary cords and instructions.  Well, I am not that anal and put together.  I simply lose these things CONSTANTLY and then lose my mind shortly thereafter!  It's called survival now.  If I don't keep it all together then I will lose my mind completely.

The last time I didn't put the DVD player cords back in the box I totally freaked out the charger was lost forever.  Then Mr. Jarcy found the charger on top of my dresser (a wasteland of other odds and ends that I can't even begin to address).  See what I mean?  I'd been sleeping less than 3 feet from the damn thing for months and STILL had no clue as to it's whereabouts!  I can't be trusted so into it's original packaging it goes!  Where it's safe and so is my sanity.

Now I'm worrying about how much I worry about cords.  I better have another glass of "Mad Housewife" chardonnay to dull the fear the cords will strangle me in my sleep.  (Too dark?  Sorry!  I'm a poor judge of what's appropriate sometimes.)

No comments: