Monday, December 6, 2010

Embracing My Hermit Ways




I have had a pretty wonderful day with The Boy above.  Here's my recipe for a great day...

  1. Get all the planets to align to ensure a well rested night of sleep for all parties involved.
  2. Upon wakening, don't get dressed.  In fact, don't get dressed at all.  Stay in those jammies all day long.
  3. Don't leave the house.  
  4. Play, read, watch movies.  
  5. Nap in the afternoon.
  6. Play, read, watch movies more.
  7. Yeah...that's about it.

OF COURSE I needed to go to the grocery store, holiday shop, get fresh air, blah blah blah...I put it all off and just played with my kid.  It was lovely.  I feel renewed.

Tomorrow we will get back to the errands, the activities outside of the home, the struggle to put pants on The Boy.  But for today it was nice not having to do any of that.  After all, you can't force a toddler to dress when you yourself do not.  :-)

* Edited note 10 minutes after posting:  If #1 on the list does NOT occur then the rest can-- or just organically will-- but won't be nearly as fun.

No comments: