Monday, November 9, 2009

This Entry Is Called "Let Me Just..."

Let me just run to the bathroom...

Let me just grab a quick sandwich and then I'll...

Let me just take a shower before I start to...

I'm going to eradicate statements that begin with "Let me just..." I never said "let me just" before becoming someone's mommy. It's my teenage equivalent to overusing the word "like" and just as difficult to stop saying. Unfortunately, it's usually tied to doing things that one should never need permission to do. Let me just run to the bathroom??? What's that all about? 30 seconds ago I said, "Let me just dry my hair and then I'll watch The Boy." Mrs. Jarcy, come on! Dry your hair and do your thing! Mr. Jarcy rarely has to ask me for help. Why? Because I can anticipate his need for me before he even expresses it (or needs it for that matter).

Every time I start a statement with "Let me just..." I'm going to drop down and do 20 push ups.

No comments: