Thursday, March 29, 2007

Big Fat Booty

When it comes to love, marriage and all that fun stuff, there really is one overriding rule you must adhere. A very wise woman (okay, its my mother) told me this and I've passed it on among the ranks (I mean my friends). Now I share with you (anyone who is reading):

NEVER SETTLE FOR POTENTIAL.
That's it. You can vary it up if you like with "Never marry potential," or "Never move in with potential and then financially support" but the message remains the same. All bits aside, it is easily the best advice I was ever given and implementing it can save you loads of heartache.

Now I've taken my mother's words a step further and I think you'll appreciate it:

NEVER SETTLE FOR SOMEONE
WHO WEARS A FANNY PACK.
Men sporting a fanny pack by definition fall into the "just potential" category. They can be moved into a "more than potential" bracket but not without a lot of effort on your part and even then may not be worth the trouble. This applies to women as well. With so many more stylish options out there--pocket, purse, hell even a backpack--there is no reason to don the fanny pack. So unless you are camping or hiking--and only if you are camping or hiking--fanny packs are a "just potential" accessory. I'm not being catty, don't misunderstand. In my experience, that fanny pack is simply the tip of the iceberg. There will be loads more of "just potential" quirks and red flags to follow. Let that fanny pack act as your guide, it will not steer you wrong. If there is more clarification needed on this sage advice, just drop me a line and I will be happy to assist you. And in the meantime, follow my mom's rendition because it seems a little more all encompassing.

No comments: