Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When Did Moms Get So Hot?

Mrs. Jarcy doing her best Seinfeld impression--"What's the deal with all these hot moms?!"

Yesterday I strolled through my neighborhood and encountered a cluster of small children, hot nannies and equally attractive moms. The nannies you may expect to be hot because 1) they're often times au pairs and by nature au pairs are hot, 2) they're usually young and 3) they're in shape from pushing those semi-size strollers all around town. Even Mary Poppins is sort of hot. Moms, on the other hand, are a different breed. They've put their bodies through tremendous strain, dinner consists of whatever is left on junior's plate and sleep is a thing of the past. But this is not the case with the moms of today. I don't recall them being all so drop dead gorgeous growing up and today they are just that...super duper hot.

Now I do live in a neighborhood that boasts a large community of young families with tons of disposable income. There are boutiques popping up all over catering to hip moms, hip moms-to-be and children of hip moms. But these are not the only evidence to support the theory that moms are hotter than ever. There is more:

I have hot mom friends. Korn, beloved best friend of Mrs. Jarcy, just had baby number two and she sent me some pictures taken shortly after baby two was delivered. And guess what...this woman looked better after that trying ordeal than I do after two hours of primping. Sticky, other beloved best friend of Mrs. Jarcy, manages to exude hotness while trekking back to Chicago from her new home in China with two small boys in tow. Yes, two boys under the age of 6, practically two days of flight each way, without an assistant or husband...and she looks super hot. Does this defy the laws of nature? I think so.

I'm not done, there's even more: Friends who have expressed the desire to start baby making are (drum roll, please) SUPER HOT! And it is not just my perception that these ladies are hot, no, no, no! I've asked the men in my life as to their thoughts on these moms-to-be-to-be and the men unanimously agree my perception is correct. Hot actress, hot nonprofit manager, hot saleswoman, hot entrepreneur...they are every man's dream MILF in the making.

There were no MILFS in my years of growth or at least I was not at all conscious of them. Come to think of it, I don't recall dads looking so hotsy totsy either. Whatever, that's not the point. The point is I now cannot wait to be a mom. Yeah, yeah, I'll have a cute little bundle of joy to nurture and love, blah blah blah. More importantly, I too will lose my troll-like figure once and for all and join my fellow sisters in blissful MILFdom! Once considered an end to hotness, motherhood has now been shown to be just the beginning. Good work ladies, I am sold.

(Side note: Jerry Seinfeld's wife is totally hot.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.