Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Mouth Is Requesting A New Home

So I have some problems in my mouth this week. And they are all self-inflicted. If I hurt my mouth one more time it will surely pack up and leave for good.

INCIDENT ONE
Early in the week I accidentally took out a big chunk of my lip/cheek while inhaling falafel and baba ganoush. It hurt so bad! But not bad enough for me to stop eating all together. Oh no, you can't stop eating a vegetarian combination once you've started. All week I kept making the wound worse. I re-injured my painful boo boo 6 times during one meal. 6 TIMES! All because I HAD to eat a salad and of course it was drenched in balsamic vinaigrette. I'm evil.

INCIDENT TWO
I am in love with one item from Einstein's Bagels--spinach/egg/bacon panini sandwich. This thing is amazing! I get it at least a couple of times throughout the month. Fortunately, the sandwich is always hot. Unfortunately, I'm always starving. It is physically impossible for me to not just wait a few moments before I eat the damn thing. Yesterday, I burned off a big portion of the roof of my mouth as a result. It hurt so bad! But not bad enough for me to stop eating all together. Oh no, you can't stop eating the panini once you've started. It still hurts and I keep running my tongue over it which also must be aggravating. Mr. Jarcy also confirmed I did a number on it. I opened my mouth up and he said, "Oh yeah, you did burn it off. I can see a pink spot where the skin used to be." AHHH! Somebody lock me up, I can't be trusted.

INCIDENT THREE (ON DECK)
I'm about to eat a frozen pizza. I bought the cheese and sauce variety and then topped it with green olives and red bell pepper. I hope I can just give it a moment to cool before I dig in or it will hurt so bad! But I won't stop. Oh no, you can't stop eating a green olive and red pepper pizza once you've started. I better get the first aid kit out, it could be a long night.

No comments: