Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Friend Demi Went To Which Diddy Party?

I'm about to embark on something extremely severe in the world of Mrs. Jarcy...

I'm going to give up celebrity "news."

WHAT?!  Mrs. Jarcy, celebrity gossip--er, sorry "news"-- is like air, water and baked goods in your world!!!

Exactly.  And like any serious addict, I need to go to rehab.  The following warning signs have led me to believe I do indeed have a problem.


  1. I log on to Perez Hilton several hundred times a day.  TMZ, E Online and whatever Yahoo is spouting get perused profusely as well.
  2. I find it necessary to discuss the going-ons of my friends--er, sorry celebrities--with Mr. Jarcy and some of my other (actual, real life) friends.
  3. I'm starting to feel ill after reading US Weekly (okay, and also People, InTouch and the L.A. Times).  

So it's time for a change.  I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the day without this gossip dependency but I feel like curbing this repulsive behavior could do me a world of good.  I am not, however, ready to give up Facebook, Dancing With The Stars or anything aired on Bravo.  Baby steps here.  Baby steps...
 

No comments: