Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not A Hot Bed Of Excitement. Just In Need Of A Bed.


Still ill.

Please enjoy a picture of The Boy watching "Treme" (too close to the TV, I know, I know) because this is the only photo I can take while lying face down on the couch.  Watching TV, slurping down chicken soup and sleeping in my free time is about all I've been capable of.  Well, I did make a lasagna the other night so really I should give myself a pat on the back.  And a girlfriend came to visit for a few days and I did get her to the beach for a few hours even though my head felt like a balloon.  Balloon Head has to be one of the worst symptoms ever!  I had it for a week after The Boy was born too (as if having a baby via C-Section wasn't enough for the poor body).  Another girlfriend asked me what percentage I was feeling and I told her 75% which was a lie.  I think I was closer to 60% but we've all been sick from our little playgroup and I didn't want to sound like a wuss.  Now I'm feeling closer to 75%.  Tomorrow I hope to be more of an 85%.  And then soon I won't be using percentages to gauge my health.  I'll be back to using percentages to gauge my sobriety.  I kid!  Sort of.

In related news, I think The Boy and I have overloaded on boob tube (that's a television for you youngsters) and will need a massive break from it.  Mr. Jarcy and I took him to a park today--the first outing in days--and it was as if he had forgotten the outdoors existed.  I actually felt similar.  But lucky for him his father and some other children's nanny played with him.  I mostly sat and fantasized about guzzling Gatorade and sleeping.  Like I said, 75%...

No comments: