Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Teach English As A Foreign Language Perhaps? Hmm...

Wow, I just noticed how lengthy my last post was. Eesh, that must be breaking some blog rule. I'll try to edit this one...

I've been perusing university websites, the Craigslist job section and random career related sites. I do this every six months or so. I searched constantly when I unhappily worked in social services. I was on a mission to find a more suitable career and spent many hours wandering aimlessly online for an answer. And for awhile I found it! I began to improvise and loved it! I wrote funny stuff and loved it! I performed and got paid and definitely loved it! It was goodness!

But life changes. The paid gig went away. I wrote less. I stopped performing almost entirely. And while I was sad about those things, I also got pregnant with The Most Amazing Boy To Ever Live! I devoted all my time and energy to that endeavor, partly because I was so darn thrilled to be a mommy and partly because being pregnant was not easy. (Why can't us women folk get paid to grow life for god's sake?)

Now I have The Boy. And we live in a new state. A state where my creative endeavors can flourish if I let them. You see, I know what I want to do. I always have. I just keep trying to find a way to make all those dreams come true while coloring within the lines, so to speak. How can I fulfill these creative tendencies while finding stable hours, health insurance and a 401K? I can't. I can check out all sorts of other careers that I'd be good at but I won't like them as much. So I gotta stop running to the computer in search of an answer and just run to the computer and create the answer. It is time.

No comments: