Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Elevator

As I mentioned a few posts ago, we live in an elevator building.  It's the first time I've had an elevator since the dorms in college and I'm not really a fan of them.  I was stuck in one as a child for all of 2 minutes and it was enough to give me a phobia (I'm very impressionable if you haven't noticed).

While riding the 'vator on my own the other day I had a revelation.  If I got stuck in it by myself I could do two things I sorely miss and do not do enough now that I'm a mom...sleep and zone out.  

Wow, wouldn't it be amazing to get stuck in the elevator??!  This is my new thought.  And now each time I'm in there I think up other things I could do in there.  Yoga, push ups, write a novel, sleep some more, listen to silence...the possibilities are endless.  

No comments: