Monday, October 26, 2009

How Many Gourds Can You Fit Into Your Escalade?

I need your help. Someone please find me the answer to the following...

Why are celebs so obsessed with taking their kids to pumpkin patches? I get that it is Halloween season but I do not recall ever being hauled off to a specific pumpkin selling vendor when I was a child. I've seen one of these patches in Sherman Oaks and have wondered if this is the one Christina Aguilera, Tobey Maguire and Jessica Alba tote their little kiddos off to in search of the perfect gourd. I'm not sure why this rubs me the wrong way but it does. Maybe because these are the same people who pay minions to pick up their groceries, dry cleaning and designer duds. So why does the pumpkin get so much face time? These patches are just in the middle of busy LA! It's not like we're taking an outing to the country here. Right behind Ralph's grocery store--where the minions can purchase pumpkins--is the temporary "patch" to buy the pumpkin. And the day after Halloween it will vanish with the LA morning fog.

 A few days after that a Christmas tree patch(?) will show up in it's place and the whole tradition will start over. I won't give them a hard time about the tree though, now that is something a child must take part in. 
:-)

No comments: