Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just Breathe

The Boy is 8 1/2 months old now and I am still paranoid that he will stop breathing in his sleep.

For those of you who have had the privilege of meeting The Boy, you know how hearty he is. He's a bruiser. At 3 months of age one doctor referred to him as "that hunk" and he wasn't referring to his looks (although we all know he's the cutest thing to ever exist). So there is no basis for me to worry he will stop breathing while he slumbers. On the contrary, he thrashes around in his crib like it's a wrestling ring. But I worry nonetheless. I'm pretty sure my heart would shatter into a million pieces and never heal if anything were to happen to him.

So no pressure, Kid, but your mother's happiness depends solely on your ability to thrive. Please don't screw this up.

No comments: