Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blogs

I watched "Julie & Julia" tonight and now find myself incapable of writing a decent blog entry.  Why I'm not sure.  It's like I'm in my head over it.  Weird.  Instead I looked back on an abandoned blog I started years ago and enjoyed my little trip down memory lane.  It was all about my cats or rather told from their perspective.  My friend's dogs also make an appearance.

http://fattyandcreepy.blogspot.com.

I also looked back at earlier posts from this blog.  You know, all those Pre-Boy posts.  Before The Boy was even a thought.  Back when I just had cats waking me at 4am and peed without a toddler hovering around my ankles.  I think I wrote some funny stuff!  I'm proud of what I've created over the years and that's not an easy emotion for me to feel.  I'm so proud of those around me for their accomplishments yet rarely afford myself the same treatment.

I don't have a book deal, literary agent or TV show in the works as a result of my blogging like this Julia woman.  There's a good chance I never will (stranger things have happened though right?).  There's an even greater chance I'll never crack open a Julia Child cookbook and prepare a meal for 8 that involves boning a duck.  That sounds more torturous for me than the duck!  But I will keep doing this blog thing mostly because I like it and I like you.   

No comments: