Monday, April 5, 2010

Law & Order: Mommy Unit

I feel like all my Law & Order "research" is serving me well as a parent.  I have to know all that has happened during my absence.

Me:  What time did The Boy wake up?

Mr. Jarcy:  Uh, I don't know...

Me:  You don't know?  Okay, what time did you wake up?

Mr. Jarcy:  I guess my alarm went off around 7:30 and I heard him stirring around 7:55?

Me:  You guess?

Mr. Jarcy:  Er, no I don't guess.  That was the time.

Me:  Okay and then what happened?

Mr. Jarcy:  I gave him breakfast.

Me:  Without changing his diaper first?!

Mr. Jarcy:  No, of course I changed his diaper, Mrs. Jarcy!

Me:  Well you didn't say that so how am I to know?

Mr. Jarcy:  Fair enough.

Me:  So then you gave The Boy breakfast.  Tell me about that.  What did you feed him?

Mr. Jarcy:  Oh brother...

Mr. Jarcy plays all the interrogated criminals while I play both good cop and bad cop.

No comments: