Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm A Hermit At Heart

The Boy and I went to Franklin Canyon this afternoon.  It's a canyon between Studio City and Beverly Hills.  You drive up the Santa Monica Mountains and then head down into this beautifully, secluded and serene place.



The Boy and I had a lot of fun and sun.  Did I mention it was peaceful?  It was.  The Boy checked out sticks, dandelions, turtles, ducks, ponds and rugged walking terrain.


I basked in the fact it wasn't crowded.  The two of us have been battling colds and another day indoors with a super crabby baby or avoiding others at a playground with a super crabby baby was gonna send me over the edge.  The shift in our routine must have knocked the crabby out of both of us because we both tapped into our inner Zen, thank god.  We needed it.  Unfortunately, I was also on the lookout for snakes after driving over a dead one moments after entering the park.  

No comments: