Saturday, April 19, 2008

Adventures In Shopping

I just got back from shopping at Yorktown Mall in Lombard.  My grandpa had given me a gift card to Von Maur at Christmas and I held off using it until the nicer weather rolled around.  I'm impressed with my restraint--I usually blow those things in the first week of receiving them. Additionally, whoever thought up the invention of gift cards was really, really smart.  I spent double the amount mine was for.  I'm guessing stores know that will happen with most shoppers.  Genius.  

I, also, went to a Hallmark store for a birthday card.  Amazingly enough I could NOT find a card to my liking.  They were either way too cheesy (even for me and I am cheeseball cheesy) or too serious (I can be that too).  It is ridiculous to think an entire store dedicated to greeting cards did not carry a sufficient message for me to buy.  This is proof I should be writing my own.  

No earthquakes or cougar shootings today.  I think I can officially stop worrying about one of them returning any time soon.  (Big exhale sigh)




No comments: