Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Roscoe Village Is Full Of Cougars

A cougar was running around my Chicago neighborhood yesterday until Chicago cops shot it dead a few blocks over in an alley.  We're not talking the fortysomething hot variety who preys on young men either.  

I heard what sounded like a round of gun shots around 6pm but convinced myself it couldn't be such.  Maybe fireworks?  Some home improvement tool?  Then two helicopters hovered overhead.   Hmmm, that's strange, I thought.  Why are helicopters hovering over the Starbucks?  Weird.  Maybe I need to investigate and as a bonus fill up on coffee...  

I left my house around 6:25pm and walked down to my friends house.  Tons of people were out running around, not the typical traffic.  I asked some kid if he knew what all the fuss was and he's the one who told me about the cougar.  

News reports say there were sightings of this 150-pound cat throughout the day.  Well that's news to me!  Nice to be informed of such, huh?  And if they knew about the cougar all darn day, why didn't they have a tranquilizer gun instead?  Nope, shoot it dead.  Now I feel sad, relieved and still scared.  Are there more cougars out there?  I'm a dog walker!  I don't think I want to find out.  And if there are more cougars, can we please relocate them to a better suited environment sans shooting them?!  Crimeny!

I wonder if one needs a permit to carry tranquilizing darts...

No comments: