Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hanky Panky

Well I have lost all concept of what day or time it is this week. Last Friday I drove with my father to North Carolina to pick up my sister. She was at a college doing an internship. It was a long trip that day and it rained pretty much the entire 13 hours. My dad also failed to tell me he had a cough/cold. I was thrilled to have some quality one-on-one time with him but my dad's persistent use of a hanky grossed me out.

Saturday we were supposed to meander our way back to my hometown of Aurora, IL. Sister and I were in her ancient car (named Chubby) while my dad was in his car in front of us. We caravanned home. We took brief stops--one stop involved a disgusting McDonald's meal even for McDonald's standards in Berea, Kentucy--but we soldiered on until we got to Aurora. It was pretty brutal by the time we hit I-65 in Indiana. There is not a worse patch of highway then that I think in all the US. Besides, that's the stretch of highway where some crazy guy in a trench coat was shooting at people a few years ago. I'm still creeped out by it. We finally arrived to Aurora late night Saturday where my mom was waiting for us. She also was infected with this cold!

So, of course, by Sunday evening I was not feeling well and have been sicko ever since. In the last three days I think I've slept more hours than I've been awake. Thankfully my somewhat laid back lifestyle affords this kind of rest! And I'm still glad I went on the trip...if you can really call it such. More like a stop over.

I now have to go nanny some puppies. Again, an occupation that will tolerate my illness. Pup pups are therapy.

No comments: