Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bok Choy Bullying

I've been ignoring my locally grown produce this week.

Concord grapes.  Bok choy.  Lots of carrots.  Lots of celery... This week I have zero motivation to turn them into edible concoctions.  I know the carrots and celery can just be eaten basically as is, however, that seems boring as well.  There's only so much celery I can ingest.  I gotta push through this lack of desire, I know, but I DON'T WANNA!  That's right, I'm gonna be a toddler about it.  NO!  NO BOK CHOY!  WHERE'S MY PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH ALREADY?  THAT'S WHAT I WANT FOR DINNER FOLLOWED BY A BOWL OF CEREAL!

At a crossroads with the community supported agriculture.  Do I really want to buy from this farming group every other week?  At first I liked  how I don't get a choice in what produce I get and, therefore, was being forced to cook new things.  And now this week I don't want to have to figure out how to prepare foods I never buy.  I mean come on, concord grapes?!  You can't eat those things like other grapes!  They have seeds in them and are tart as hell!  So now I either let them go to waste or grudgingly haul my buns off to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of a cheese cloth and 12 qt pan to make juice.  GRRRR....

Now where's my precious take out menus and bag of candy corn?  I'm giving myself one more day of avoidance...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Keep it up Carla...the farmer's need you! Boil those grapes gently then strain out the seeds. Delicious juice...or ferment it and voila...vino, nectar of the Gods!