Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tuesday Recap

Tuesday three things happened... (1) I interviewed to work at a casting agency, (2) Mr. Jarcy took The Boy to Toddler School in my absence, and (3) I started my commercial female fiction (chick lit) class at UCLA.  Now here's how that all played out...

I learned that I will be working at the casting agency one day a week.  I am happy, excited, terrified, sad to leave my boy.  I know it's just one day (just one day, woman!) but I am so used to being home.  It will be weird.  And probably very good for me.

I learned that getting to Santa Monica from my home in the Valley will be long and treacherous.  It is 16 miles one way and at least 40 minutes will be spent driving down Ventura Blvd for less than 2 miles to pick up the freeway getting me to Santa Monica. Thank goodness I have spent my entire life battling Chicago traffic.  This is not new, I must remind myself.

I learned that my butt is presently too big to squeeze into most of my pants.  Enough said on this.

I learned that The Husband loved taking The Boy to Toddler School.  This makes me happy/sad.  I love taking him there as well but won't be able to as routinely as before.  Boo to the Hoo.

I learned that The Husband is perhaps the most supportive and loving creature there is on planet earth.  Possibly the entire universe.  I knew this already but this week has sealed the deal.

I learned that UCLA's campus is beautiful.  Starting a class there in the fall only enhances it's beauty.  It is also vast and overwhelming.

I learned that I have no idea what story I am going to write for this class.  I am supposed to be writing a book!  I am currently at a loss over the minor detail regarding what it should be about.  No pressure.

I learned that I describe myself to strangers in a class as if I am doing a stand-up routine.  (Why am I not just taking a class on preparing a stand-up routine?!)  We had to partner up with a classmate, interview one another and then present our findings to the group.  Let's just say my partner didn't present any of my comedic bits in the proper order.  She made me sound very odd and not in a good way.  "This is Mrs. Jarcy, she lives here now after living elsewhere, her parents are tolerant, she's weathered and dated a lot.  She likes her husband because he buys her jewelry."  What?  That's sort of what I said but not really! Stand-up is definitely not her thing.  She also failed to mention The Boy while describing me which continues to haunt me.  Now the class thinks I'm a reformed hooker who's tolerated by her parents and is more concerned about jewels than her own son.  That wasn't the first impression I was going for.

Did I already tell you about learning more about my sizable butt?  I think I did so enough said...

No comments: