Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pick Your Battles


We're gearing up for Halloween here.  I found these gems above to dress up The Boy.    

Are those just t-shirts?  Is that what you plan on dressing up The Boy in for Halloween?

Yep.  One long-sleeved in the event it's cool outside and one short-sleeved if it's warm.  Blue pants or shorts will accompany the shirt and we'll be calling it a costume. (guilt building, guilt building, guilt building)  

But why just t-shirts?!

YOU try wrenching his mighty buns into an adorably cute and fuzzy costume!  Don't you think I'd prefer to put him in an actual costume?  Because I would!   But getting him in pants and shoes is enough of a battle!  We're going t-shirts route at this stage in the game and calling it a costume and praying he doesn't realize it's a costume.  Got it?!  Don't make me feel guilty about this! (anxiety, anxiety, anxiety)  

Okay, okay, take it easy, Mrs. Jarcy, nobody's trying to create more stress.  The t-shirts are a great idea.

Ooh!  You really think so?  I thought they were super cute too! (guilt subsiding, guilt subsiding, guilt subsiding)   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I totally get it. Sean likes to wear his Thomas the Train PJs everywhere, all the time. All I get is a big fat "no" with head shaking and everything if the clothes don't have some sort of character on them that I can distract him with. Hopefully, he will be Yoda for Halloween. Ask him and he will tell you that. When I get the costume, that might be a different story.
Patty