Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Cat Takes Prozac...She Asked For It, I Promise

Mr. Jarcy and I put Creepy the Cat on Prozac. Nope, not a joke. Actually Creepy's vet put her on Prozac once she understood the hell little kitty was putting us through. For those of you judging me right now, all I can say is that you've never lived with Creepy the Cat. She's been a ball of anxiety since the day I brought her home and it finally got to the point where one of us was needing to be medicated. I'm glad it's her and not me. I am tempted to take the other 1/2 of her dosage though, I won't lie. But as long as Creepy gets Prozac, life feels like we're ALL taking Prozac. It is truly amazing and I have gotten to sleep straight through the night for almost a week now! That hasn't happened in 7 years which is how long Creepy has been in my possession.

I wish we all took Prozac. I'm not sure what the world would look like without anxiety and depression but I'm interested in finding out. I might start a campaign to install gumball like Prozac dispensers in all schools, libraries and Starbuck's. I figure everyone goes into at least one of those places on a daily basis, right? Sadly I'm guessing libraries are not frequented nearly as much as Starbucky's but it could be a way to lure folks back in to them! People would tearfully drag themselves into the library for their Prozac and then mosey their way through non-fiction and periodical sections. I think I'm on to something.

In other news, I have been ill. Ill like I feel I may cough out one of my badly scarred lungs ill. I get this way like 4 times a year and I'm such a wreck both physically and emotionally from it. Mr. Jarcy, on the other hand, has never been sick. I think he might be immortal or not of this planet. Sometimes I wish we could trade a few genes as I've been doled out the "runt" genes.

Our other cat, Fatty, has asthma. She wheezes and now so do I. Maybe I can just share my inhaler with her instead of buying one just for her use. I think the Jarcy household is single-handedly keeping the drug companies afloat. It's like our very own pharmacy here. I wonder how much schooling I would need to become a pharmacist...

No comments: